Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summer Outline



              Over, yes, the spring term is over! It has been a long time since I wrote the last blog. The articles remind me of the nights (and early mornings) which I spent for writing… It was a very hard term for me, but no athletes improve their skills without pain. Learning foreign languages is a training, indeed.

              And now, it’s time to start my first vacation as a university student. To spend the summer vacation more actively, here I’ll put an outline of it like in writing essays. I learned that an outline helps me to think clearer!

★SEA Program; Dublin
This is the biggest event in this summer (Jul 6th – Aug 18th). It will be the first time for me to study abroad. I have been to the U.S. twice, but they were not for studying. Also, I’m going to visit Europe for the first time. Ireland, the destination, has some unique culture. I really want to see foreign cultures because I am thinking of majoring in Culture or Sociology.

★Summer Reading
              I chose “Mrs. Dalloway” (by Virginia Woolf) for the summer reading. I’ll bring the book to Ireland with me and read it there.

★Visit somewhere in Japan
              I don’t do a part-time job now, so I have about 2 weeks after the SEA program. So I want to go somewhere in Japan. I like visiting old cities like Kyoto, and I’m thinking of going to Kamakura at the end of August. Then I’ll visit my relative in Hayama, too!

★Practicing Shamisen
              Did you know that I am a member of ICU Shamisen Club? I used to play Koto, or Japanese harp, in my high school’s club, but I changed my instrument. You can see my Shamisen performance in ICU Festival. Check it out!

Anyway, enjoy your summer! See you on campus in September.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your safe arrival. Shamisen!? I love that instrument! I'll be on the lookout for you during the festival. I'll see you in Dublin next week! In the mean time, have a great time!

    ReplyDelete