Sunday, May 18, 2014

Magic? ...No kidding! :-)

        

We freshmen all had a special event on the last weekend―― retreat!! At first, I was not looking for it so much because the destination was too familiar for me. Yes, Yamanashi is my home prefecture, and I have visited Yatsugatake area many times since I was a child.

However, I really enjoyed the retreat! It was fresh for me to see my section mates, teachers and other friends in my home prefecture. The most impressive thing was the discussions, which were very inspiring and made me rethink of my purpose of learning here. And also, we had some other activities. On the second day, I went to the national observatory in Nobeyama. I remembered the time when I was interested in astronomy. Speaking of astronomy, some 3H students including of me went to the rooftop of the hotel and watched stars with Dan! I introduced some constellation with my planetarium-navigating skill. Please remember the correct way to find the polestar! I also enjoyed the “All,” or to stay up all night with section mates.

Anyway, I had a precious time in the retreat. I appreciate the big effort of the retreat staffs.

3 comments:

  1. We had a wonderful time in our retreat! I enjoyed your guiding during the way to Yamanashi! Thank you, Konomi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed my home prefecture!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for reminding me how to find the Northstar again! I respect your knowledge of astronomy.

    ReplyDelete